Get up close and personal with some beautiful Arabian horses while you sip on some of Napa Valley’s best wines at Tamber Bey Vineyards in Calistoga, CA. Nestled between the mountains and the Napa River, the Tamber Bey property is a must-see for guests wanting to enjoy fine wine while enjoying the peace and tranquility of a horse ranch. Here are 5 reasons to plan your visit!
- Tastings—Tamber Bey offers a unique tasting experience that showcases the best of their Burgundy and Bordeaux style wines. You can enjoy a flight of five wines from their Vineyard Series portfolio for $45 per person, or for $60 per person you can taste five glasses from the Single-Vineyard Signature Collection wines. Add a savory cookie pairing for $15. All tastings include a ranch and winery tour as well.
- The Ranch & Winery Tour—The property is right in the heart of the valley with views of Mount Saint Helena as well as the Napa River. But the most unique aspect of the property is that it is home to over 45 horses. Not only is it a place to train beautiful Arabian horses, but it’s also home to the Sunrise Horse Rescue, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that rescues abused and mistreated horses. Getting an up-close encounter with these majestic creatures definitely puts this winery experience on a different level. If you’re lucky you may even get to see the Arabian horses in action!
- The Vineyards—Tamber Bey has seven different vineyards that serve to produce very specific grapes for their vintages.
- The Oakville Estate Vineyard is home to 3 acres of Cabernet Sauvignon grapes that are planted tightly to create a “stress of the vines” which results in small clusters of intensely flavored grapes.
- The Deux Chevaux Vineyard covers 60 acres and grows several different types of grapes. Bordering this area is the Napa River and the Conn Creek.
- Situated on a mountain slope is the Sun Chase Vineyard, covering 40 acres. This area is best for the Pinot Noir Dijon grapes because it receives the most sunlight.
- The name “Walala Vineyard” comes from the Kashaya Pomo Indian saying, “where the water flows down.” This vineyard has soil that drains well, giving it a unique growing environment.
- The Trio Vineyard, just south of Yountville, produces grapes for the Dijon Chardonnay.
- Lizzy’s Vineyard is east of the Napa River and produces mostly Merlot grapes.
- The Fore Family Vineyard grows various grapes including Cabernet Sauvignon, Zinfandel, and Mourvedre, among many others.
- EQQWINE Club—If you enjoy Tamber Bey’s wines, you’ll want to join their exclusive membership club for discounts on wines, access to member-only wines, complimentary tastings, and invitations to member-only events.
- Special Events—The winery hosts really unique experiences that span the globe. In October 2020 they will be hosting an “Epicurean Connoisseur Wine Cruise” that will take guests from Ireland to France, Spain, and Portugal, all with the goal of experiencing the finest drinks the regions have to offer. Later in November, they will host a getaway to Montana where guests will enjoy horseback riding, fly fishing, wildlife tours, and delicious food and wine.
Stay with Us
We’d love nothing more to share our beautiful property and the surrounding valley with you. Book a stay with us to experience all that Tamber Bey Vineyards and the greater Napa Valley area has to offer. Our comfortable rooms, gourmet breakfast, and elegant atmosphere will get you ready for a day of wine tastings! Book a stay today!