A Must-See Winery in Napa Valley
Guests often ask what the best or must-see wineries are in Napa Valley, and with over 250 to choose from, it’s always hard to give a definitive answer when there are just so many excellent choices. One winery we can wholeheartedly recommend however is Chateau Montelena. This winery boasts historic architecture, unparalleled natural beauty, and wine full of flavour and character. What started as a barrel-ageing facility in 1888 has become a staple to the Calistoga region and helped to put Napa Valley on the map. At only five minutes from the Wine Way Inn and Craftsman Inn, there’s no way you’ll want to miss out on this experience while you’re here.
The tasting room at Chateau Montelena is walk-in friendly from 9:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. daily. For these more in-depth experience, call ahead for reservations:
- Montelena Estate Collection—For $95 per person you can experience this semi-private tour and tasting experience that celebrates the estate’s Chardonnay as well as four different Cabernet Sauvignons.
- A Taste of Montelena—Make an appointment for $45 per person to enjoy a selection of current releases in the tasting room.
- Library Tasting—This intimate and unique tasting experience offers vintages not commonly available and will immerse you in the history of Chateau Montelena while you relax in the private library. The library tasting is $65 per person.
- Estate Tour & Tasting—Experience this guided walking tour that explores the history of the winery as you walk along the beautiful Chinese-inspired gardens and gaze upon the stately stone castle built into the hillside ($55/person)
- Vineyard Tour & Tasting—This tour is offered in the spring and summer months and will allow you the opportunity to learn about and see firsthand the growing conditions necessary to create their exquisite wines. This tour is $65 per person and is weather dependant.
- Cellarmaster Tasting—Become a member of the CellarMaster wine club to experience this exclusive tasting of the winery’s library wines.
Your Perfect Location for Excellent Wine Tastings
The Calistoga Wine Way Inn and Craftsman Inn are centrally located among so many top-notch wineries, that we truly are the best place to stay if you want to fit in as many wine tastings as possible on your vacation to Napa Valley. With our well-appointed rooms, luxury accommodations and gourmet breakfasts, you will no doubt have the time of your life with us in wine country. Book a stay today!