It’s no wonder so many couples choose Napa Valley for their romantic getaways. With the abundance of picturesque views, gourmet dining, and charming vineyards, it easy to see that Napa Valley is the epicenter of romance. But there’s more to the valley than just wining and dining. Here are seven of our favorite ways to celebrate romance in Napa Valley:
- Take a Romantic Ride on the Wine Train—The Wine Train is hubbed out of Napa and will take you through the heart of wine country. Choose from a variety of experiences, such as half and full-day winery tours, dining experiences, and special events like murder mystery theater and holiday specials. Make sure to take a minute to stop at the Love Lock Bridge and add your own padlock to the collection of couples who have publicly proclaimed their love for one another in Napa Valley.
- Take a Ride in a Hot Air Balloon—Imagine soaring across one of the most beautiful valleys in the world with your loved one in your arms. Private flights offer you a way to see all of the natural wonders of the valley from a bird’s eye view. Check out the romantic packages offered through Calistoga Balloons.
- Pack a Picnic Lunch and Go For a Stroll—There’s an endless amount of romantic spots to enjoy a picnic lunch together in Napa Valley. Check out this list of wineries that allow picnicking on their property. Also, consider Pioneer Park, the Oat Hill Mine Trail in Robert Louis Stevenson State Park, or the Petrified Forest. Make a stop for supplies at Oxbow Public Market which offers all sorts of fresh Napa Valley produce.
- See a Show—Enjoy music and live entertainment with your loved one at one of the many venues in the valley. The Napa Valley Performing Arts Center in Yountville offers programs year-round, and Upstage Napa Valley is a great option for an intimate setting.
- Horse Rides—Take a scenic ride through the valley on horseback with a tour from Triple Creek Horse Outfit. These guided tours offer serenity, romance, and a chance to get back to nature in some of the best surroundings the valley has to offer. Wind your way through vineyards, shady wooded groves, and peaceful countryside with your favorite partner by your side.
- Couple’s massage—There’s no better way to relax and unwind than with a luxurious, peaceful full-body massage. Enjoy this bliss with your loved one by your side with a couple’s massage from any of our various local spas. We’ll even arrange for a private experience at our inn if you prefer.
- Stay at a Romantic Bed & Breakfast—A stay at Calistoga’s Wine Way Inn and Craftsman Inn is peak romance. We offer luxurious accommodations, gourmet breakfast, and beautiful rooms that will make your romantic getaway absolutely perfect. Our Wine & Dine package offers romance at every step with champagne and chocolates upon arrival, vouchers for fine dining, and tours & tastings at local vineyards and wineries. Reserve our Silverado Room or Lokoya Room for a jetted clawfoot tub or try the Spring Room for a private porch and separate entrance. You will find yourself feeling right at home in our luxurious accommodations.