As spring is underway and summer is coming up, we know our guests are starting to make their summer vacation plans. We want to give you a few upcoming events and ideas to look forward to. From soaking up the sun and sipping fine wine to unique events near the inn, summer at our Calistoga bed and breakfast is never dull. Pull out your planners and start putting your summer itinerary together!
Napa Country Fair – July 4: Celebrate Independence Day in Calistoga with food and wine, live music, competitive events, fireworks, a parade and more! Have fun all day and then stick around after the sun goes down for a magical outdoor fireworks show.
Comedian Brian Regan at Uptown Theatre – July 14: For a night of laughs, come out to the Uptown Theatre to hear Brian Regan, one of the premier comedians in the country.
Festival Napa Valley – July 15-24: Take part in one of the biggest annual events in Napa Valley where over 200 wineries, hotels, resorts, theaters, restaurants and vintners participate. Choose from a wide array of luncheons, dinners, concerts, and more. View all the events and choose which ones you’ll attend!
Summer Lobster Feed at Rutherford Ranch Winery – July 16: Visit one of Napa Valley’s finest wineries this summer for an annual celebration and dinner. You will enjoy a full reception with lobster feed and wine pairing. Hurry, tickets are limited!
A Taste of HALL – July 17: This monthly food and wine workshop features a different theme each month. July’s is “Red, White & Blue, feat. 1872 Cabernet.” Enjoy this three-course seasonal pairing with new release HALL & WALT wines.
Tickets Harvest Party at Inglenook – August 13: Enjoy Inglenook wines paired with a broad array of dishes cooked over the open flamed at the only ticketed event of the year that’s open to the public.
Annual Peju Grape Stomp – August 20: Join in the fun in the HB Vineyard for a fun afternoon of stomping grapes with your feet. Team participation is encouraged and groups with the best costumes and team t-shirts will win prizes. Then you will get to enjoy a lunch prepared by Chef Alex. Don’t miss this one-of-a-kind event!
The only thing better than a vacation packed full of fun events and activities is one with savings! Save on your summer vacation with our 3rd Night FREE Special! Stay two nights at our Calistoga bed and breakfast mid-week and stay a third night for FREE. Use Promo Code 3FOR2 and book your stay today!
*Offer valid when you stay May 1st – September 1st Monday-Thursday. Cannot be combined with other specials or offers.
There’s more to the Napa Valley wine scene than just sipping local blends. Get active and have some good old fashioned fun with grape crushing this season! Harvest is around the corner and grape crushing is so fun, it should be on everyone’s bucket list! Enjoy some laughs, get dirty out in the California sun, and make lasting memories with the people you love.
Join us for the harvest and crush in Napa Valley this August, September, and October during the peak time of year.
Grape stomping takes a step away from the original way of wine making and uses bare feet to get the grape juices flowing instead of with using a press. Historically, it has been part of the process of wine making but it’s also a ton of fun! On your upcoming summer trip to one of our Calistoga bed and breakfasts, check this fun activity off your summer to-do list and enjoy some laughs and fun memories. Dress casual and be ready to get down and dirty. Find information on the best wineries to visit near our inns. Most wineries use more modern techniques now but you can still find a few holding special stomping sessions.
Want to see wine country on wheels? Take advantage of rentals from the Calistoga Bikeshop and take a tour. Ride along up to 40 miles of scenic roads and stop along the way to taste high-quality wines at amazing wineries around Calistoga wine country. Learn of all the different bike tours you can enjoy here.
Expert Tip: Surprise your loved one for a birthday or anniversary with this one-of-a-kind experience!
Are you a major wine enthusiast passionate about wine making? Enroll in a 3 day Harvest Napa Valley Experience and truly see what it is like to be winemaker. This unique experience includes exclusive vineyard and winery field trips and hands on work at harvest time. Hand pick and crush grapes and soak in the sights, sounds, and smells that come with the high-energy harvest time in wine country. This experience is offered in early October. Find more information here.
Our Calistoga bed and breakfast is the perfect home away from home and starting point for your Napa Valley Wine Country getaway. With dozens and dozens of incredible nearby wineries to choose from, it is impossible to narrow it down to one short list. We could easily have made this a Top 100 list but for the sake of time, 10 of our top recommendations are listed below in no particular order. Your wine tasting adventure starts here!
- Beaulieu Vineyard – Visit one of the oldest wine producers in Napa Valley, enjoy barrel samples of Cabernet, Take a tour, and visit the Heritage Room to learn more about the history of wine in Napa.
- Buehler Vineyards – This is a simple and authentic family-owned vineyard where you can schedule a private tour and tasting hosted by the family.
- Domaine Chandon – Stop for lunch at this winery and order from a full menu of gourmet food. Have a picnic on their expansive lawn or relax on Adirondack chairs under the oak trees.
- Castello di Amorosa – Visit for wine tasting or a guided tour of their authentically-built, 13th century Tuscan-inspired castle and winery. Taste their wide selection of hand-crafted wines, available exclusively at the Castello or on our website. (Save with our Tour of Castello di Amorosa special)
- Chappellet – This winery is known for Napa’s best Cabs, and is the oldest winery on Pritchard Hill. Take an informative 90-minute tour with tastings included, and even sample their new releases!
- Etude – This winery specializes in high-quality Chardonnay and Pinot Noirs that you can taste on their sun-filled deck while lounging under a shady umbrella.
- Huge Bear is one of the more unique tasting experiences located right in downtown Calistoga. Taste wines with fruit sourced from Knights Valley and Sonoma Coast in this historic Calistoga National Bank building dating back to 1909.
- Laura Michael Vineyards –This winery specializes in handcrafted, limited-production Cabernet Sauvignon, Zinfandel and Chardonnay, and is located at the foot of Calistoga’s Oat Hill in California’s Napa Valley.
- Tank Garage Winery – Sip some wine in a 1930s era gas station in the Napa Valley town of Calistoga, California.
- Vermeil Wines – Coach Dick Vermeil, who led the St. Louis Rams to a Super Bowl victory in 2000, frequents the tasting room, and you might even catch one of his games on the big screen TV during your wine tasting experience here.
After a day of tasting the wonderful wines of Napa Valley, come back to your luxurious room at Calistoga Wineway Inn or Craftsman Inn for some relaxation and a great night’s sleep.
Book your Napa Wine Country getaway today!
2 Days of Bliss Await!
Has work and everyday life gotten particularly busy or stressful lately? Do you feel like you need a break and some time to yourself? Do you not have time for a long vacation? We’ve got your answer! A picture perfect weekend getaway in Napa Valley is what you need. We have put together a fabulous 2 day itinerary for you. Just book your favorite room in one of our Calistoga bed and breakfasts. Leave the rest to us.
Check in and get settled in your comfortable room.
Visit a winery! It’s no surprise that there are some incredible wineries to see in Napa Valley. Ask your innkeepers for the inside scoop on tours, visits, tastings, and more. Learn more about your Wine Country Getaway.
Dine out on the town. Our inns are located close to downtown and there are many great options for dining out. We recommend Brannan’s Grill for delicious California cuisine in a great old building. You may even catch some live music as they have it most weekends! View our complete list of recommendations for dining in Calistoga.
Savor a delicious breakfast upon waking. We serve tasty homemade granola, fruit, and more. Enjoy your coffee outside and get ready for a day of fun in the valley.
Take a hot air balloon ride and see the gorgeous Calistoga views from the best vantage point possible. Check out Calistoga Balloons and book the ride of a lifetime!
Hit the spa! Pamper yourself and enjoy ultimate relaxation at a nearby spa. View the best spas near us.