Napa Valley is known worldwide for its unique geographical attributes that make it perfect for wine growing. But what has sprouted up as a result of this unique set of features is also a culinary community that is second-to-none. The valley not only produces exquisite wines, but it also grows all sorts of crops that make eating in the valley a worthy goal in and of itself. In fact, Calistoga specifically prides itself on its unique agricultural heritage and the delicious food that it produces. So if you’re a self-proclaimed foodie, you’re not going to want to miss this list of the must-try Calistoga restaurants that will both satisfy your cravings but also surprise you with its quality and unique execution.
- The Craftsman Inn—Whether you’re looking for healthy choices or vacation indulgences, the breakfast served at the Craftsman Inn will satisfy no matter your mood. Choose from homemade granola, fresh, seasonal fruits, homemade yoghurt, the hot dish of the day, and more.
- The Calistoga Wine Way Inn—Enjoy your gourmet breakfast in the glass-roofed dining room or one of the charming garden tables. Sip your signature Craftsman Inn Blend coffee served French press style while you indulge with some freshly baked scones, homemade yogurt, and a delicious hot dish of the day.
- Calistoga Roastery—Enjoy a quick bite at this local cafe offering sandwiches, bagels, and other bakery items.
- Cafe Sarafornia—This little diner offers breakfast all day, burgers, sandwiches, salads, as well as craft beers and local wines.
- Solbar—This is a Calistoga must-try. Solbar offers a beautiful setting (think poolside seating and stylish, modern digs) along with their truly exquisite fare inspired by the California culinary scene.
- Evangeline—Where Creole soul meets the California spirit. This quaint bistro offers dishes that will surprise and inspire you. When you stay with us, you can add the Wine & Dine package for a $100 voucher to Evangeline!
- Lovina—This casual, comfortable spot is perfect for relaxing at the end of your day in Napa Valley. Enjoy a glass of wine from their wine list or bring your own bottle (with a small corkage fee).
- Calistoga Inn Restaurant & Brewery—Try their berry crumble or their peanut butter pie. You’ll enjoy the relaxing outdoor seating and casual vibe of this Calistoga eatery.
- Bella Bakery—If you have a hankering for something sweet during the day, Bella Bakery is the perfect stop. Grab a cinnamon roll, muffin, croissant, or a savory slice of quiche. This is a local favorite that guests return to again and again.
The Craftsman Inn and the Wine Way Inn are a haven for traveling foodies. We’d love to give you advice on what places you should try that suit you best. Calistoga is our home, and we love to share its beauty with our guests! Book a room today and see why guests come from all over the world to this rich, fertile land for some of the best culinary experiences available.
Imagine pulling a deliciously roasted chicken out of the oven of a beautiful Victorian mansion after you have curated and prepared the perfect springtime meal. You can do just that at the upcoming cooking class offered at the Hudson house on the Beringer Vineyard Estate in beautiful Napa Valley.
Beringer Vineyards is located in St. Helena, CA and boasts being the oldest continually operating winery in California. Following in their rich history of hospitality, the Beringer Vineyards offer a wide variety of public events, including cooking classes from expert chefs. One upcoming class will hone in on light springtime fare prepared in their historic Hudson house.
The class will start with a taste of wine—of course—and a short tour through the Sensory Garden on the property. Then you’ll start cooking, enjoying plenty of wine and cheese along the way! The class will teach you how to prepare the meal, but it will also cover the basics of wine and food pairing.
The event will take place on April 4, 2020, at 2000 Main Street, St. Helena, CA 94574 from 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. The meal will include the following:
- Cheese & Charcuterie, Seasonal Crudité (how to assemble & present)
- White Bean Hummus on Crostini
- Rosemary Chicken & Roasted Potatoes
- Lemon Meringue
Tickets are $125 for general admission or $99 for wine club members. You can reserve your place on their website.
Just a 10 minute drive away, the Craftsman and Wine Way Inns are the perfect places to stay while attending the class. Rooms are filling up fast for the weekend of this class, so make your reservation soon at our online booking site.
Bring Home New Skills from Your Napa Valley Getaway
We are culinary enthusiasts here at the inn, and we love nothing more than to share the joy of food with our guests. Foodies will find a home here with us at the inn and in the greater Napa Valley region with all the world-renown chefs, restaurants, and fresh ingredients grow right here in the valley. So schedule your getaway today and come home with skills you can use on your own!
Get up close and personal with some beautiful Arabian horses while you sip on some of Napa Valley’s best wines at Tamber Bey Vineyards in Calistoga, CA. Nestled between the mountains and the Napa River, the Tamber Bey property is a must-see for guests wanting to enjoy fine wine while enjoying the peace and tranquility of a horse ranch. Here are 5 reasons to plan your visit!
- Tastings—Tamber Bey offers a unique tasting experience that showcases the best of their Burgundy and Bordeaux style wines. You can enjoy a flight of five wines from their Vineyard Series portfolio for $45 per person, or for $60 per person you can taste five glasses from the Single-Vineyard Signature Collection wines. Add a savory cookie pairing for $15. All tastings include a ranch and winery tour as well.
- The Ranch & Winery Tour—The property is right in the heart of the valley with views of Mount Saint Helena as well as the Napa River. But the most unique aspect of the property is that it is home to over 45 horses. Not only is it a place to train beautiful Arabian horses, but it’s also home to the Sunrise Horse Rescue, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that rescues abused and mistreated horses. Getting an up-close encounter with these majestic creatures definitely puts this winery experience on a different level. If you’re lucky you may even get to see the Arabian horses in action!
- The Vineyards—Tamber Bey has seven different vineyards that serve to produce very specific grapes for their vintages.
- The Oakville Estate Vineyard is home to 3 acres of Cabernet Sauvignon grapes that are planted tightly to create a “stress of the vines” which results in small clusters of intensely flavored grapes.
- The Deux Chevaux Vineyard covers 60 acres and grows several different types of grapes. Bordering this area is the Napa River and the Conn Creek.
- Situated on a mountain slope is the Sun Chase Vineyard, covering 40 acres. This area is best for the Pinot Noir Dijon grapes because it receives the most sunlight.
- The name “Walala Vineyard” comes from the Kashaya Pomo Indian saying, “where the water flows down.” This vineyard has soil that drains well, giving it a unique growing environment.
- The Trio Vineyard, just south of Yountville, produces grapes for the Dijon Chardonnay.
- Lizzy’s Vineyard is east of the Napa River and produces mostly Merlot grapes.
- The Fore Family Vineyard grows various grapes including Cabernet Sauvignon, Zinfandel, and Mourvedre, among many others.
- EQQWINE Club—If you enjoy Tamber Bey’s wines, you’ll want to join their exclusive membership club for discounts on wines, access to member-only wines, complimentary tastings, and invitations to member-only events.
- Special Events—The winery hosts really unique experiences that span the globe. In October 2020 they will be hosting an “Epicurean Connoisseur Wine Cruise” that will take guests from Ireland to France, Spain, and Portugal, all with the goal of experiencing the finest drinks the regions have to offer. Later in November, they will host a getaway to Montana where guests will enjoy horseback riding, fly fishing, wildlife tours, and delicious food and wine.
Stay with Us
We’d love nothing more to share our beautiful property and the surrounding valley with you. Book a stay with us to experience all that Tamber Bey Vineyards and the greater Napa Valley area has to offer. Our comfortable rooms, gourmet breakfast, and elegant atmosphere will get you ready for a day of wine tastings! Book a stay today!
A Must-See Winery in Napa Valley
Guests often ask what the best or must-see wineries are in Napa Valley, and with over 250 to choose from, it’s always hard to give a definitive answer when there are just so many excellent choices. One winery we can wholeheartedly recommend however is Chateau Montelena. This winery boasts historic architecture, unparalleled natural beauty, and wine full of flavour and character. What started as a barrel-ageing facility in 1888 has become a staple to the Calistoga region and helped to put Napa Valley on the map. At only five minutes from the Wine Way Inn and Craftsman Inn, there’s no way you’ll want to miss out on this experience while you’re here.
The tasting room at Chateau Montelena is walk-in friendly from 9:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. daily. For these more in-depth experience, call ahead for reservations:
- Montelena Estate Collection—For $95 per person you can experience this semi-private tour and tasting experience that celebrates the estate’s Chardonnay as well as four different Cabernet Sauvignons.
- A Taste of Montelena—Make an appointment for $45 per person to enjoy a selection of current releases in the tasting room.
- Library Tasting—This intimate and unique tasting experience offers vintages not commonly available and will immerse you in the history of Chateau Montelena while you relax in the private library. The library tasting is $65 per person.
- Estate Tour & Tasting—Experience this guided walking tour that explores the history of the winery as you walk along the beautiful Chinese-inspired gardens and gaze upon the stately stone castle built into the hillside ($55/person)
- Vineyard Tour & Tasting—This tour is offered in the spring and summer months and will allow you the opportunity to learn about and see firsthand the growing conditions necessary to create their exquisite wines. This tour is $65 per person and is weather dependant.
- Cellarmaster Tasting—Become a member of the CellarMaster wine club to experience this exclusive tasting of the winery’s library wines.
Your Perfect Location for Excellent Wine Tastings
The Calistoga Wine Way Inn and Craftsman Inn are centrally located among so many top-notch wineries, that we truly are the best place to stay if you want to fit in as many wine tastings as possible on your vacation to Napa Valley. With our well-appointed rooms, luxury accommodations and gourmet breakfasts, you will no doubt have the time of your life with us in wine country. Book a stay today!