When our guests stay at one of our Calistoga bed and breakfasts, they are often interested in exploring Napa Valley wine country and experiencing the perfect wine lover’s retreat. But with so many incredible wineries, vineyards, restaurants, and more so close to us, it can be overwhelming to choose where to go. We know you want to spend all your time discovering the best of the best and not waste any of your precious vacation time. Thus, we want to recommend a wonderful option for the best historic wine tour you can find. Check out Stu Linden’s Guide to the California Wine Experience & History Tours for an unparalleled experience.
With extensive professional experience in the wine industry, you won’t find a better guide than Stu. You are sure to be impressed by his expertise and passion for the highest-quality wine in Napa, Sonoma, Russian River, Dry Creek, Alexander Valleys, and more. View a complete list of tours here.
You can now conveniently book your wine tour in our booking engine when you choose your room and book your stay!
$195 for 3 hours, $395 for 8 hours
Call (800) 572-0679 Today or Book Online
(Does not include transportation.)
Our Calistoga bed and breakfast is the perfect home away from home and starting point for your Napa Valley Wine Country getaway. With dozens and dozens of incredible nearby wineries to choose from, it is impossible to narrow it down to one short list. We could easily have made this a Top 100 list but for the sake of time, 10 of our top recommendations are listed below in no particular order. Your wine tasting adventure starts here!
- Beaulieu Vineyard – Visit one of the oldest wine producers in Napa Valley, enjoy barrel samples of Cabernet, Take a tour, and visit the Heritage Room to learn more about the history of wine in Napa.
- Buehler Vineyards – This is a simple and authentic family-owned vineyard where you can schedule a private tour and tasting hosted by the family.
- Domaine Chandon – Stop for lunch at this winery and order from a full menu of gourmet food. Have a picnic on their expansive lawn or relax on Adirondack chairs under the oak trees.
- Castello di Amorosa – Visit for wine tasting or a guided tour of their authentically-built, 13th century Tuscan-inspired castle and winery. Taste their wide selection of hand-crafted wines, available exclusively at the Castello or on our website. (Save with our Tour of Castello di Amorosa special)
- Chappellet – This winery is known for Napa’s best Cabs, and is the oldest winery on Pritchard Hill. Take an informative 90-minute tour with tastings included, and even sample their new releases!
- Etude – This winery specializes in high-quality Chardonnay and Pinot Noirs that you can taste on their sun-filled deck while lounging under a shady umbrella.
- Huge Bear is one of the more unique tasting experiences located right in downtown Calistoga. Taste wines with fruit sourced from Knights Valley and Sonoma Coast in this historic Calistoga National Bank building dating back to 1909.
- Laura Michael Vineyards –This winery specializes in handcrafted, limited-production Cabernet Sauvignon, Zinfandel and Chardonnay, and is located at the foot of Calistoga’s Oat Hill in California’s Napa Valley.
- Tank Garage Winery – Sip some wine in a 1930s era gas station in the Napa Valley town of Calistoga, California.
- Vermeil Wines – Coach Dick Vermeil, who led the St. Louis Rams to a Super Bowl victory in 2000, frequents the tasting room, and you might even catch one of his games on the big screen TV during your wine tasting experience here.
After a day of tasting the wonderful wines of Napa Valley, come back to your luxurious room at Calistoga Wineway Inn or Craftsman Inn for some relaxation and a great night’s sleep.
Book your Napa Wine Country getaway today!
It’s no secret that Napa Valley is known for its incredible local wine and fabulous food. Tourists and locals both enjoy indulging in the best of the best in our neck of the woods. Today we are bringing you details on two of our absolute favorites. Experience culinary perfection at the best value when you stay with us and enjoy these surrounding establishments.
Wine & Dine Package
Add some extra special touches to your Napa Valley retreat with this wonderful package. You can enjoy these elements in just 2 days or space them out throughout your entire stay. It’s up to you! Here’s one way you can enjoy…
- Arrive at the inn and be greeted by champagne and chocolates. (Value: $35)
- Head to dinner at Evangeline and have a wonderful meal together at this unique French Bistro. (Value: $100)
- Enjoy a fabulous breakfast at the inn the next morning.
- Visit, tour, and savor tastings from Laura Michael Vineyards. (Value: $50 for two)
- Then visit Tank Garage Winery and try what they have to offer. (Value: $50 for two)
- And finally, stop by von Strasser and Lava Vine Winery for wonderful tastings. (Value: $50 for two)
This is a $285 value for the price of just $129! You won’t find a value this fantastic anywhere else in the area.
How to Get This Package for Free
Stay 3 midweek nights (Monday-Thursday) through the end of August 2017 and receive this Wine & Dine Package for free. Mention Summer Special in the comments of the booking engine when you book online.
von Strasser & Lava Vine
Get to know one of the best wineries in Napa Valley!
Located in the heart of Calistoga, von Strasser & Lava Vine Winery offers a wide array of varietals in a delightfully casual environment. You can indulge in vineyard designate Cabernet Sauvignon from the Diamond Mountain District AVA. For those looking for a journey in wine, they offer alternative varietals from all over California. We encourage you to let them host you and yours at their brand-new winery!
You can still enjoy 2 free tastings here without the Wine & Dine Package by entering WINEFOR2 in the comments section when you book online through our site, www.lodginginnapavalley.com.
This French Bistro is an absolute must when you stay with us!
Evangeline’s menu features fresh, fun versions of bistro favorites like Croque Madame and Coq au Vin. Standards such as assiette de fromages and tour de fruits de mer are given new life in their interpretations by Chef Rios. Most exciting, perhaps, are the ‘instant classics’ of their own making, like beef tartare and Shrimp Etouffee. The menu layout is simple and clear, yet attractive and tempting. The flavors are big, bold, beautiful, and yet sublime–but “subtle” is not an adjective used to describe the food at Evangeline.
2 Days of Bliss Await!
Has work and everyday life gotten particularly busy or stressful lately? Do you feel like you need a break and some time to yourself? Do you not have time for a long vacation? We’ve got your answer! A picture perfect weekend getaway in Napa Valley is what you need. We have put together a fabulous 2 day itinerary for you. Just book your favorite room in one of our Calistoga bed and breakfasts. Leave the rest to us.
Check in and get settled in your comfortable room.
Visit a winery! It’s no surprise that there are some incredible wineries to see in Napa Valley. Ask your innkeepers for the inside scoop on tours, visits, tastings, and more. Learn more about your Wine Country Getaway.
Dine out on the town. Our inns are located close to downtown and there are many great options for dining out. We recommend Brannan’s Grill for delicious California cuisine in a great old building. You may even catch some live music as they have it most weekends! View our complete list of recommendations for dining in Calistoga.
Savor a delicious breakfast upon waking. We serve tasty homemade granola, fruit, and more. Enjoy your coffee outside and get ready for a day of fun in the valley.
Take a hot air balloon ride and see the gorgeous Calistoga views from the best vantage point possible. Check out Calistoga Balloons and book the ride of a lifetime!
Hit the spa! Pamper yourself and enjoy ultimate relaxation at a nearby spa. View the best spas near us.