Things To Do
From Napa all the way up the valley to Calistoga, there are so many ways to enjoy the nightlife in our region. Live theater, concert venues, dive bars, and more bring the talents of all kinds of musicians to travelers and locals alike. When you’re finished with your day of wineries, shopping, or outdoor fun, it’s time to seek some good vibes in the region’s music scene. We’ve broken down several options for you by location so you can find exactly what suits you.
- Susie’s Bar—Known as a “dive bar” that features live music on the weekends.
- Hydro Bar & Grill—You’ll love the food and drinks as much as the live music at this well-known spot.
- Calistoga Inn Restaurant & Brewery—The outdoor beer garden is perfect for taking in tunes and enjoying delicious craft brews.
- Concerts in the Park—On Thursdays throughout the summer, Calistoga offers an evening concert in Pioneer Park.
- St. Helena
- The Saint—A wine bar offering live music on the weekends.
- Ana’s Cantina—This bar puts on karaoke every Thursday night from 9:30 p.m. – 1:30 a.m.
- Roadhouse 29—Every Friday this restaurant hosts live music to enjoy with your dinner and drinks.
- Lincoln Theater—Home to the Napa Valley Performing Arts Center, this venue provides musical performances that run the gamut.
- Blue Note Napa—Grab dinner downstairs and then experience the jazz club upstairs.
- Uptown Theater—Music and comedy take center stage at this historic Napa venue.
Enjoy Luxury Accommodations in Napa Valley
Take a look at our rooms and pick your favorite to stay in after the last note is played. Wake up to a gourmet breakfast in our glass-roofed dining room or enjoy the morning air on our patio. We are the perfect lodging choice for all of your Napa Valley adventures, so book a stay today!
It’s no wonder so many couples choose Napa Valley for their romantic getaways. With the abundance of picturesque views, gourmet dining, and charming vineyards, it easy to see that Napa Valley is the epicenter of romance. But there’s more to the valley than just wining and dining. Here are seven of our favorite ways to celebrate romance in Napa Valley:
- Take a Romantic Ride on the Wine Train—The Wine Train is hubbed out of Napa and will take you through the heart of wine country. Choose from a variety of experiences, such as half and full-day winery tours, dining experiences, and special events like murder mystery theater and holiday specials. Make sure to take a minute to stop at the Love Lock Bridge and add your own padlock to the collection of couples who have publicly proclaimed their love for one another in Napa Valley.
- Take a Ride in a Hot Air Balloon—Imagine soaring across one of the most beautiful valleys in the world with your loved one in your arms. Private flights offer you a way to see all of the natural wonders of the valley from a bird’s eye view. Check out the romantic packages offered through Calistoga Balloons.
- Pack a Picnic Lunch and Go For a Stroll—There’s an endless amount of romantic spots to enjoy a picnic lunch together in Napa Valley. Check out this list of wineries that allow picnicking on their property. Also, consider Pioneer Park, the Oat Hill Mine Trail in Robert Louis Stevenson State Park, or the Petrified Forest. Make a stop for supplies at Oxbow Public Market which offers all sorts of fresh Napa Valley produce.
- See a Show—Enjoy music and live entertainment with your loved one at one of the many venues in the valley. The Napa Valley Performing Arts Center in Yountville offers programs year-round, and Upstage Napa Valley is a great option for an intimate setting.
- Horse Rides—Take a scenic ride through the valley on horseback with a tour from Triple Creek Horse Outfit. These guided tours offer serenity, romance, and a chance to get back to nature in some of the best surroundings the valley has to offer. Wind your way through vineyards, shady wooded groves, and peaceful countryside with your favorite partner by your side.
- Couple’s massage—There’s no better way to relax and unwind than with a luxurious, peaceful full-body massage. Enjoy this bliss with your loved one by your side with a couple’s massage from any of our various local spas. We’ll even arrange for a private experience at our inn if you prefer.
- Stay at a Romantic Bed & Breakfast—A stay at Calistoga’s Wine Way Inn and Craftsman Inn is peak romance. We offer luxurious accommodations, gourmet breakfast, and beautiful rooms that will make your romantic getaway absolutely perfect. Our Wine & Dine package offers romance at every step with champagne and chocolates upon arrival, vouchers for fine dining, and tours & tastings at local vineyards and wineries. Reserve our Silverado Room or Lokoya Room for a jetted clawfoot tub or try the Spring Room for a private porch and separate entrance. You will find yourself feeling right at home in our luxurious accommodations.
Book your anniversary trip today!
Napa Valley Has Everything You Want in a Getaway
While Napa Valley is best known for its world-famous vineyards and its exquisite wines, there are more things to do in the area than you might expect. Take a look at these 10 must-see attractions and see why a getaway to our Calistoga Wine Way Inn and Craftsman Inn are perfect for an escape into wine country.
- Castello di Amarosa—This 13th century-inspired castle winery is a huge draw to the area. Book a package through our inns and enjoy a castle tour, premium wine tasting, and a complimentary shuttle ride!
- Visit a Michelin Three-Star Restaurant—Napa Valley is home to not one, but two, world-class restaurants that are worth including in your getaway plans:
- Pack a Picnic and Take a Hike—There is an incredible amount of spectacular hiking in the valley. Check out “7 Amazing Hikes Near Napa Valley” for a look at some of our favorites!
- Visit Wineries and Tasting Rooms—The beauty of Napa Valley is that there are SO many options for wine tastings and vineyard tours. We recommend using this guide to narrow down your options based on location, experience types, and wine flavors. We also offer a list of some of our favorites here.
- Mineral Springs—While Napa Valley is known for its vineyards, a lesser-known regional feature is the mineral springs. Spend a day at a luxury spa for a truly rejuvenating getaway.
- Take a Balloon Ride—Napa Valley makes for a truly remarkable birds-eye-view. Let out your inner thrill-seeker with a journey across the valley in a hot air balloon. Some options include:
- Take a Tour or a Ride on the Wine Train—Because there are so many options for restaurants, wineries, and vineyards, it can really take the guesswork out of planning your getaway by hopping on a tour bus, taking a ride on the famous Wine Train, or signing up for a food & wine walking tour.
- Ride a Horse—Connect with your inner cowboy/cowgirl with a horseback ride from Triple Creek Horse Outfit. There’s just nothing quite as peaceful as hitting the trail with these graceful creatures.
- Shopping—Napa Valley is a mecca for artists and artisans, so there is no shortage of fun shopping to experience. Whether you’re looking for a unique gift for someone special or you would like to take home a one-of-a-kind souvenir, you’ll find it in Napa Valley. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Stay with Us!—We are the premier place to stay in Napa Valley. Our two properties—the Wine Way Inn and Craftsman Inn—are consistently rated high for our beautifully appointed rooms, our delicious gourmet breakfasts, and our superior location. Come see why we have been given Trip Advisor’s Certificate of Excellence for 8 years! Book a room today to create the getaway of your dreams!
How to Rest & Rejuvenate as a Medical Professional
There’s no question that today’s medical professionals are working harder than ever before. Long shifts, increased patient to staff ratios, and overnight work makes it difficult to carve out time to take care of yourself. You give everything you have, day in and day out which often leads to burnout. It’s about time you take care of yourself and restore your inner calm, so you can continue to bring your best to each patient. Let us help you fill up your tank with a stay at one of our two Calistoga inns. Here are 5 ways to prevent health care burnout in Napa Valley.
Whether you’re coming from a nearby city or are flying in from one of the three major airports near us (San Fransisco, Oakland, and Sacramento), we are the perfect distance from home for a quick, rejuvenating getaway. Escape the hustle and bustle of the big city with just a short drive over to our small town of Calistoga where you will instantly feel the relief of less traffic, fewer people, and more wine! Not only is Calistoga conveniently located near you, but our inns themselves are also conveniently located in the heart of Calistoga. We are within walking distance of shops, tasting rooms, wineries, and more. You won’t spend your precious time off waiting around to get somewhere or wishing you could have packed more activities into your vacation.
- Spa Therapy
You work hard, so you shouldn’t have to when you’re taking time off. Rest and rejuvenate with some much-needed spa therapy. Let us schedule a couple’s massage for you and your partner, or take some time to visit one of our local spas:
- Indian Springs—Mud baths, massages, and a mineral spring pool
- Golden Haven—Couples mud baths, facials, and massages
- Solage—Luxury mud treatments, mindful meditation classes
- Let Others Cook For You
Let someone else prepare a delicious, healthy dinner for you at our local restaurants. Here are a few ideas we love to recommend to guests:
- Take It Slow
Working in the medical field means you’re used to working at a fast pace. Let yourself slow down to the rhythm of nature by enjoying one of our local hikes. Or take a walk over to our local book shop for a page-turner you can enjoy in one of our comfortable rooms. Schedule a yoga class at Hot Yoga Calistoga to give yourself space to relax. Sometimes doing nothing at all is the best way to bring your inner tranquility back.
- Perfect Napa Valley Lodging
We are the perfect getaway for medical professionals because we love pampering our guests with our many amenities. There’s nothing like waking up to a delicious gourmet breakfast that you didn’t have to prepare! Our rooms are calm and comfortable with everything you need. Don’t wait until you’re burned out to stop and let us take care of you. Book a room today and take advantage of our mid-week rates!