Whether you’re an avid mountain biker or you consider yourself a beginner who just wants a unique way to explore the Napa Valley area, there’s a path for you in this beautiful region. Mountain vistas, river valley views, and wildlife sightings await you on these scenic singletracks. Keep in mind that many of these trails are shared with hikers and equestrians, so stay alert during your ride.
- Skyline Wilderness Park: This park offers seven different mountain biking trails ranging from intermediate to advanced skill level. The shortest is a mere half-mile, while the longest is four miles.
- Lynch Canyon and Newell Open Spaces: Enjoy a quick, easy ride on Lynch Road or delve deeper into the open space by traveling through the Lynch Canyon Loop and onto the Prairie Ridge Trail for extra difficulty.
- Moore Creek Park: The scenery and wildlife take center stage at this beautiful park that offers several miles of singletrack on the Moore Creek Trail, Valentine Vista Trail, and Chiles Creek Trail.
- Oat Hill Mine Trail: This much-loved trail is in Robert Louis Stevenson State Park and is a 16.6-mile out-and-back trail. Challenging terrain and technical rocky climbs make this a fun ride for advanced riders.
- Las Posadas Forest: Take the 3.5-mile short loop trail for an intermediate experience. The path is well-shaded, making this a great trip for a warm, sunny day.
- Annadel State Park: This park has a lot to offer to mountain bikers. All ranges of skills and abilities will find an enjoyable ride here. For an easy path, try the Warren Richardson Trail. For a longer, more challenging, technical ride, try the Great Big Annadel Loop which clocks in at 22.7 miles.
Local Bike Shops You’ll Want to Visit
If you need to rent your bike and gear or need any other assistance, we recommend these local shops:
Check out Calistoga Bike Shop’s guided tours if you’re wanting expert-level mountain biking guidance and easy trail-side repairs. Also, make sure to read our other post about the best ways to explore Napa Valley by bike. We love hosting you for whatever outdoor adventures you plan to have. Our gourmet breakfasts will power you for the road ahead, and there’s just nothing quite like coming back to our inn and our comfortable, cozy rooms after a day of shredding. Book your stay today to see all that the beautiful Napa Valley has to offer!