It’s that time of year again! Time to make your list and check it twice. If holiday shopping stresses you out, how about adding a little fun to it with a Christmas shopping getaway to Napa Valley? There are so many shops to visit, so many places to gather unique gifts for each person on your list, and so many ways to bring holiday cheer to what can otherwise be quite a chore. Check out our holiday gift guide with ideas for everyone on your list here in Napa Valley.
For the Wine-Lover…
- Calistoga Wine Stop — This small shop has a tasting room and offers a wide variety of local favorites.
- Enoteca Wine Shop — Find wine from all around the world at this local shop.
- Tank Garage Winery — This tasting room is right across the street from the Wine Way Inn and Craftsman Inn and takes a casual approach to wine tasting. Browse their gift selections for the perfect package for that special someone.
- Or find your new favorite winery during your getaway and bring home bottles to share with friends!
For the Foodie…
- Woodhouse Chocolate — A boutique chocolate shop in St. Helena that uses local, ethically sourced ingredients.
- Kollar Chocolates — Owner Chris Kollar was chosen as one of the top ten chocolatiers of North America by Dessert Professional Magazine. His small-batch chocolate is as delicious as it is fun to watch being made.
- Spice Islands Marketplace — Take a tour of the Greystone building in the Culinary Institute of America, and while you’re there, stop by their marketplace to find cookware, bakeware, spices, autographed cookbooks, and more!
- Oxbow Public Market — This market in Napa has a huge selection of culinary products and is an attraction in its own right. Stop in for a happy hour on Tuesday or Wednesday for some great dining, and leave with a unique selection of regional food products.
For the Unique or Quirky…
- Calistoga Pottery — Watch as veteran potters create handmade earthenware and while you’re there you can order some unique pieces for your loved ones.
- North Star Gift Shop — Local Calistoga artists offer one-of-a-kind jewelry and apparel.
- The Vintage Treehouse — One of Calistoga’s best-kept secrets for handmade jewelry, clothing, accessories and more.
- Ca’toga Art Gallery — A beautiful gallery featuring paintings, porcelain, vases, wine coolers, scarfs and more.
For the Socially Conscious…
- Global Heart Fair Trade — This shop in Sonoma carries fair-trade, handcrafted gifts from around the world.
- Wunder Boutique and Salon — Take time for yourself with a salon treatment and then shop their boutique for local and American-made items including purses, scarves, jewelry, candles, and more.
For anyone who loves a good Napa Valley getaway…
What better way to say, “I love you,” than with a gift certificate to the Wine Way Inn & Craftsman Inn? Take your loved one on a getaway to wine-country to make lasting memories together. We’d love nothing more than to host you in our beautifully appointed rooms and serve you our delicious gourmet breakfasts. So book a room today to make the chore of holiday shopping fun again!
A Christmas Tradition with a Purpose
It’s time to make holiday getaway plans! If top-notch dining is high on your list of vacation priorities, then you will love the Restaurant at Meadowood’s 12 Days of Christmas Dinners. This Christmas season Chef Christopher Kostow will bring in world-class chefs from far and wide to this Michelin 3-star restaurant in St. Helena. These charitable feasts will not only bring you truly exquisite dining but will also benefit the St. Helena Preschool For All, Inc. scholarship fund.
Each evening will feature a menu inspired by the chef’s unique style paired with the wholesome ingredients from the 3.5-acre farm at Meadowood. Chefs will come from as far away as Denmark, Mexico, Hong Kong, and Portugal, while others will represent the best of their region in the United States.
The World-Famous Chefs
The line-up of chefs you can expect to see this year are:
- Friday, December 6: Chef Gabriela Cámara from Mexico City, Mexico
- Saturday, December 7: Chef John Shields from Chicago, Illinois
- Tuesday, December 10: Chef Daniel Calvert from Hong Kong, China
- Wednesday, December 11: Chef Jose Avillez from Lisbon, Portugal
- Thursday, December 12: Chef Junghyun Park from New York City, United States
- Friday, December 13: Chef Jeremy Chan & Ire Hassan-Odukale from London, England
- Saturday, December 14: Chef Nicolai Norregaard from Copenhagen, Denmark
- Tuesday, December 17: Chef Brady Williams from Seattle, United States
- Wednesday, December 18: Chef Jeremy Charles from Newfoundland, Canada
- Thursday, December 19: Chef Malcolm Lee from Candlenut, Singapore
- Friday, December 20: Chef Val M. Cantu from San Fransisco, United States
- Saturday, December 21: Chef Christopher Kostow from Napa Valley, United States
This is a Christmas celebration you don’t want to miss. Expect superb service, beautiful place settings, mouth-watering cuisine, and excellent wine pairings. Guests keep coming back to this event year after year to experience unique, inventive cuisine that they would otherwise have to travel the world for.
Make Us A Part of Your Holiday Tradition
We love to make fresh, homegrown food a part of your stay at the Wine Way Inn and Craftsman Inn too. Napa Valley is a mecca of fine dining, and we are no exception. Start your day off with our gourmet breakfast and finish it by enjoying the world-class fare at the Restaurant at Meadowood. It’s a tradition you’ll love to come back for! Book a room today!
A Night of Lights
Celebrate classic small-town America in Calistoga, CA this holiday season with our 24th annual “Lighted Tractor Parade”. All kinds of farm equipment will be decked out in its finest holiday attire and will stroll down Calistoga’s Lincoln Street. Antique and modern tractors, along with trucks, fire engines, motorcycles, and much more will be aglow with the cheer of the season. This free event is a way to honor Calistoga’s agricultural heritage and its contribution to the region’s economy.
Make It Special
Arrive in town in time to take part in the other holiday events going on in Calistoga. Friday night will feature the Tree Lighting Street Faire, a gathering downtown that kicks off the holiday shopping season. Festivities will including singing, dancing, and, of course, wine tastings. Many shops will stay open late, and live trees decorated by local elementary school students will be peppered throughout the downtown area. When the night is through, these trees are donated to local families.
Another option that same night is the Holly Trolley Holiday Lights Tour hosted by the Calistoga Welcome Center. Enjoy a cozy trolley ride around town to visit participating homes who are competing for the honor of Best Holiday Lights 2019.
Then on Saturday, enjoy the parade that follows Lincoln Street through downtown Calistoga. One unique way to enjoy the party is by visiting the August Briggs Winery Tasting Room. Just a simple RSVP (707-942-4912) will ensure your place at this complimentary event. Wine, apple cider, and snacks will be provided along with a cozy place to view the parade regardless of whatever weather we may be having.
Stay with Us!
Book a room for the whole weekend so that you can enjoy everything our delightful town has to offer! We are located right in the heart of these merry-making festivities, so you won’t have to miss a thing if you stay with us. Make sure to dress warmly and be prepared to be dazzled—the Chamber of Commerce promises 100% chance of snow!
(Pictures courtesy of the Calistoga Visitors Center)